Android phones due to its vast functionality, exhaust the battery power in not more than few hours.So here, I have listed some power saving tips to extend the battery life to a little longer.
Reduce the Brightness of Display
- How to - Settings>>Display>>Brightness
- Reducing brightness will ultimately give a promising boost to the battery life.
Turn off the Vibration Function
- How to - Settings>>Sound>>Phone Vibrate
- Phone Vibration consumes a tremendous amount of power, turning it OFF will let your battery life to work for a longer period.Moreover,keep the ringer on a low volume if possible.
Try to Use Theme with a Black Background
- Download some themes with Black Background.One can get it from here themes for android
Try to Use only 2G networks
- How to - Settings>>Wireless controls>>Mobile networks>>Use only 2G
- If 3G network is not required or is not available on your location,you can better use 2G network and save battery life.
Reduce Screen Timeout
- How to - Settings>>Display>>Screen Timeout
- Screen Timeout is a setting which lets you set the minimum time after which the display of the device is turned off.Shorter the Screen Timeout,less power your device will use.
Deactivate the Wireless Features when not in use
- How to - Settings>>Wireless Controls>>Wi Fi or Bluetooth.
- Wireless Features like Wi Fi and Bluetooth, should be turned off when not in use.Wireless Network Transmitter uses power to search for the network.Device not in connection tends to search one when left activated.
- Properly close applications when you`re done with them.
Use Flight Mode while on a Flight
- How to - Press and hold the "End Key" until a menu appears.Then select the "Airplane Mode" to turn off your Phone transmitter.Moreover switch it off when not in use while in flights.
- Charge your phone when it indicates "low battery" and charge it in a go till it`s fully charged.
- Shun the use of Third Party Applications and also try to avoid overloading your device with useless Applications.
- How To - Settings>>Accounts and sync>>Uncheck the Background data option.
- Auto-sync is a feature which allows the applications to sync,send and receive data at any time. If not in use, one can disable it to extend the battery life of Android Phones.