- To install Turbo C on Windows 7 32bit :
- To install Turbo C on Windows 7 64bit :
This problem can be resolved using a mere 1.38MB software named DOSBox thus saving your lot of pc hardware and software utilization. So inorder to get things work we need to follow these steps :
- Install the software DOSBox. download here
- Download and extract TC. download here
- Make sure that the DOSBox and TC are in the same directory and the TC.exe application is in the Folder TC>>BIN>>TC.exe for this to work.
- Run DOSBox
- Type the following commands at the command prompt mount d c:\
- Now you should get a message which says: Drive D is mounted as a local directory c:\
- Type d: to get into d:
- Next follow the commands below:
and tc or tc.exe [This starts your Turbo C]
- [Important Step] In Turbo C Editor, go to Options>Directories>Change Directories>Change the source of TC to the source directory [D](i.e. virtual D: refers to original c:\).
- Check out this video to implement the above steps.
- For Full Screen : ALT + Enter.
- Do not use CTRL + F9(Keyboard Shortcut) to run and execute programs.
- Go to Program Files.
- Get into DosBox folder.
- Find "DOSBox 0.74 Options" and edit it using notepad(move to the end of file).
- And paste the code as shown in image below.
By the end of this step, Turbo C will load automatically as you click on DosBox icon.
Feel free to ask your doubts and enjoy Turbo C(full screen) in windows 7.